Genetec Mission Control™ 22.214.171.124 includes the following enhancements.
- Config Tool
- Security Center custom fields in workflow automation activities and dynamic user procedure
- Conditional activities
- In addition to Incident
properties and Incident
location, you can now use Security
custom fields to configure
IF-ELSEconditions to direct the system workflow.
- Dynamic SOP step
- You can configure the system to auto-select an option in an incident’s dynamic user procedure step using Security Center custom fields.
- To learn more, see About custom fields in the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- Scheduled incident trigger
- For incidents that occur at predetermined intervals, you can set a schedule for the system to trigger the selected incident by configuring a Scheduled task from in Config Tool.
- To learn more, see Scheduled tasks in the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- Aggregate multiple instances of an incident
- You can configure incident triggers to aggregate multiple occurrences of an incident and only show the first instance in Security Desk.
- Some use cases include:
- Access events on cardholders or credentials.
- Alarm events when the source is a location.
- Advanced event filtering for incident triggers through payloads
- You can add precision to your incident trigger configuration by choosing the Advanced event filtering option in the incident trigger dialog box.
- You have the option of selecting specific payloads from any of
the following events as incident triggers:
- Access events
- Alarm events
- Custom events
- User events
- Video analytic events
- User interface updates
- Dynamic SOP steps
- When an incident’s dynamic user procedure is configured for the system to automatically answer a dynamic SOP step, it is highlighted as a tooltip next to the step option.
- Multiple occurrence restriction for incidents
- Trigger properties such as multiple occurrence restriction for incidents and their schedules are now available in the
- Security Desk
- User interface updates
- Customize widget layout in the Incident details pane
- Choose widgets to display and their order
- In the Incident monitoring task toolbar, click .
- In the Incident details pane section, select the widgets and order of display.
- Expand or collapse widgets
- Collapse widgets
- Click the minus sign next to the widget header in the Incident details pane.
- The entire widget and its details are collapsed and only the header is visible.
- Expand widgets
- Click the plus sign next to the widget header in the Incident details pane.
- The entire widget and its details are now visible.
- These customizations are unique to each user.
- Additional information in the Overview widget
- The Overview widget in the
Incident details pane
displays the following additional incident related
information in the summary view:
- Events triggered
- Manual incident trigger in the Incident monitoring task
- The manual incident trigger functionality in the
Incident monitoring task in Security
Desk has been
updated as follows:
- You can have multiple Trigger incident dialog boxes open simultaneously.
- You can perform on operations in the Incident monitoring task while you have the Trigger incident dialog box open.
- When you close the Incident monitoring tasks, any open dialog boxes in the closed Incident monitoring task will also be closed.
- Triggering incidents using hot actions
- From the Incident monitoring task notification tray, you can click Hot actions () to trigger incidents configured for manual trigger.
- To learn more, see Triggering hot actions in Security Center in the Security Center User Guide.
- For features introduced in previous releases, see Genetec Mission Control™ Release Notes on TechDoc Hub.
- For an overview of product availability, support and available services, see the Product Lifecycle page on GTAP.
- For an overview of what Genetec Mission Control™ can do for your organization, see our product description web page.