To ensure your system's security, administrators must enforce a strong user password policy for every user account created in Security Center.
What you should know
Password complexity requirements apply to all new passwords, and take effect when a user changes their current password.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task and click the General settings view.
- Open the User password settings page.
Enter a value for each requirement in the Enforce a minimum number
- Minimum number of characters.
- Upper case letters
- Minimum number of upper case letters.
- Lower case letters
- Minimum number of lower case letters.
- Numerical characters
- Minimum amount of numbers.
- Special characters
- Minimum number of special characters.
- Expiry notification period
- Number of days that users receive a warning that their password is set expire.
- Click Apply.