Genetec™ Update Service (GUS) requires an internet connection. However, to reduce the potential impact of a compromised system, it is best if the machine that hosts the Directory role is not the machine accessing the Internet.
What you should know
In this scenario, a proxy is required by the GUS installed on the main server to communicate with the machine that has Internet access.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task.
- Click the General settings view, and click the Updates page.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- In the Download and Internet Proxy section, click the edit button ().
In the Configure proxy dialog box, enter the IP address or
host name of a valid Internet-enabled machine.
- Click Add.
- Click Save configuration.