[KBA-01220] Changing the invalid PIN lockout time and number of retries on HID keypads
This article explains how to change the lockout time and the number of retries allowed after entering an invalid PIN on HID keypads.
If you enter the wrong PIN on an HID keypad, you have a certain number of retries before you are locked out for a pre-determined amount of time. The number of retries and the lockout period can be changed from the VertXConfig.gconfig file.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.x.
- Do one of the following:
- If the VertxConfig.gconfig file already exists, back up the file by copying it to another folder.
- If the VertxConfig.gconfig file does not exist, you
must generate it by doing the following:
- Open Server Admin.
- Select the server hosting the Access Manager role.
- Next to the server name, click .
- Click Commands in the top menu bar.
- Expand VertxConfig gconfig commands, and then click Make new VertXConfig.gconfig.
- Open the VertXConfig.gconfig file in Notepad.CAUTION:Only modify a .gconfig file if you are sure the changes are valid. Incorrect code in a .gconfig file can cause issues on your system or cause your system to go offline.
- Change the PinLockoutTime (0 – 300 sec) and PinAllowedAttempsCount (0 – 10) settings to the values you want.
- Save and close the file.