This document provides a general overview of the steps required for a Synergis™ IX deployment. For full installation and configuration instructions, refer to the Synergis™ IX Deployment Guide and other Synergis™ IX hardware installation guides on the Genetec™ TechDoc Hub.
Before you begin
If no DHCP server is available on your network when the Synergis™ IX unit is powered on, the unit will have an APIPA address of 169.254.x.x. If required, short Reader 1 D0 input and Reader 1 L1 output and power cycle the unit to get the temporary IP address 192.168.111.222. Ensure that the controller is powered down before powering on again.
From the Synergis™ IX Portal:
Log on to the Synergis™ IX controller.
In a web browser, enter
https://SIXfollowed by the MAC address of the unit without separators.NOTE: The MAC address is found on the label on the controller. For example, if the label says 00:1C:B2:43:D4:E6, then the URL for that controller is
- Set a static IP address. Click .
Power cycle the unit. Ensure that the controller is powered down before powering on
NOTE: After setting the static IP, you cannot ping the unit to test connectivity. Instead, use the unit’s portal URL.
- Connect to the unit and change the default admin password. Click .
- Configure expander modules. Click .
- Configure the reader network settings. Click RS-485 or Wiegand. , and then select
- Configure the intrusion detection areas. Click .
- Configure inputs and off-site monitoring. Click .
From the Synergis™ Appliance Portal:
- Log on to the Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance.
- If not already done, change the default admin password. Click .
- Enroll the Synergis™ IX controllers (through their static IP addresses) to the Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance.
Add Synergis™ IX as the hardware type. Click .
The HTTPS public key field can be left blank; it is automatically populated when the Synergis™ IX controller is successfully added.
From Config Tool:
- In the System task, create the Intrusion Manager role.
Configure the Access Manager role.
NOTE: For names to be displayed on keypads that can display cardholder names, enable the Include identifiable personal data in synchronization option of the Access Manager role.
- Enroll the Synergis™ Cloud Link unit.
Create and configure cardholders and credentials.
NOTE: In Synergis™ Softwire 11.3.0 and earlier, each Synergis™ IX controller supports only one card format and a maximum card format length of 40 bits. Starting in Synergis™ Softwire 11.3.1, each Synergis™ IX controller supports up to eight card formats and a maximum card format length of 64 bits.
Create and configure cardholder groups.
NOTE: For cardholders to enter a PIN on the intrusion keypad, you must select a value for the Menu option on the Synergis™ IX page of their cardholder group.
- Create and configure secured areas with at least one door.
- Create and assign access rules to your secured areas.
- Create access rules for arming and disarming intrusion detection areas.
- Create arm and disarm schedules for the intrusion detection areas.
Configure the intrusion detection areas.
For each imported intrusion detection area, assign the following:
- A unique secured area.NOTE: This is mandatory to synchronize the intrusion access rules to the Synergis™ IX controller. The assigned secured area must have perimeter doors controlled by Synergis™ IX controllers.
- Arm and disarm schedules.
- An intrusion access rule.
- A unique secured area.