To use Security Center to upload evidence from a body-worn camera (BWC) or sync folder into a Security Center archive, you must configure the Wearable Camera Manager role.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Redundant archiving or failover is not supported when using body-worn cameras.
- For a list of body-worn cameras that are supported by Security Center, see our Supported Device List.
- The .json config file is used to define to the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader where to contact the role and to secure the communication.
Create a Wearable Camera Manager role.
- From the System task, click .
(Optional) In the Specific info section, click
Custom settings, select a retention period and click
Selecting a retention period automatically ensures that older videos are deleted after the specified period.IMPORTANT: Imported files must not be older than the current retention period.
- In the Basic info section, enter an Entity name and click Next.
- In the Creation summary section, click Create.
Configure the Camera station.
- In the Hardware tab Camera stations section, click .
Enter a station name and click Apply.
In the Camera stations section, click Go to file
location and copy or transfer the .json file to the
camera station or to a location that can be accessed by the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader.
NOTE: In this example we are using the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader.
- (Optional) Delete any camera stations that you no longer require. Select a Camera station and click .
- (Optional) Add a camera or user.
Configure the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader.
From the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader
(Account Setup wizard), navigate to and select your camera station
.json config file and complete the required steps.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that the original configuration file is deleted from its download or copy location after it is successfully transferred. For example, C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Genetec.
To use a Body-Worn PointBlank camera with the Wearable Camera
Manager role, you must update the PIN in the pointblank-autofac.json file usually
found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec\Genetec Clearance
Uploader\Service. You must restart Genetec Clearance™ Uploader Service.
NOTE: All cameras must have the same PIN.
- From the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader (Account Setup wizard), navigate to and select your camera station .json config file and complete the required steps.
(Optional) Define a sync folder.
Settings section of the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader set the
Sync folder to On if you want to
automatically upload files in the folder to Security
IMPORTANT: Changing the Sync folder setting requires a manual restart of the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader service. The Sync folder that you defined is automatically created for you after the service is restarted.
- From the Settings section of the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader set the Sync folder to On if you want to automatically upload files in the folder to Security Center.
You can now dock or connect your body-worn camera or drag evidence files to the sync folder.
After you finish
- The upload begins when a camera is connected to the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader or when the sync folder contains new files. Your evidence is uploaded automatically, no further intervention is required. For more information, see Uploading media using the Genetec Clearance™ Uploader.
- After the uploads complete you can find and view the uploaded evidence in Security
Desk by using the Archives report in the
Archives task.NOTE: Depending on the size and number of evidence files that you upload, the videos might not appear in the Security Desk archives immediately.