To store the LPR images that are associated with the reads and hits, you must add the Sharp camera to the Archiver.
Before you begin
- Set up the Archiver role for LPR.
- Log on to the camera's web portal and change the default password.
- By default, SharpV units include a self-signed certificate that uses the common name of the SharpV (for example, SharpV12345). To add the SharpV to the Archiver, you must generate a new certificate (signed or self-signed) that uses the camera’s IP address instead of the common name.
What you should know
- By default, the Archiver uses the H.264 stream from SharpV cameras. If you want to use the MJPEG stream, you can select it in the Video task from the SharpV camera's screen.
- Information on context cameras is not applicable to SharpV ITS cameras.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
.The Manual add dialog box opens.
- If you have multiple Archiver roles, select one to manage the unit from the Archiver drop-down list.
- From the Manufacturers drop-down list, select AutoVu™.
- From the Product type drop-down list, select All.
Enter the static IPv4 or IPv6 IP address of the video
If your network supports DHCP, click Hostname to enter the hostname of the unit. To add multiple units in a single operation, enter a range () of IP addresses .
Enter the HTTP port for the unit (default = 80).
NOTE: If the unit uses HTTPS, enter the HTTP port (80) here. You will enter the HTTPS port in the following steps.
Select the Authentication method for the camera.
- Default logon
- The camera uses the default logon defined for the Archiver in the
Extensions tab. Using this method, you can define the same
logon credentials for multiple cameras.IMPORTANT: You cannot use the default logon when adding a SharpV camera. You must use the credentials you configured when you first logged on to the SharpV portal.
- Enter the logon credentials for the camera. Turn on Use
HTTPS if you have applied a certificate.NOTE: Sharp cameras running SharpOS 12.7 or later must use HTTPS communication.
- From the Location drop-down, assign the camera to an area entity.
The notification tray displays the message "Adding unit started". If successful, it displays the message "Unit added successfully".
The camera is added under the selected Archiver.