Before you can request live and playback video and receive raw video streams using the RTSP protocol, you must first create the Media Gateway role in Config Tool.
Ensure the following conditions:
Before you begin
The Media Gateway role is created by default if your Security Center license supports either mobile devices (Number of mobile devices > 0) or web clients (Number of Web Clients > 0).
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- Click the Roles and units tab, then click beside Video unit, and then click Media Gateway.
- On the Specific info page, select the Server to host the role on, and then click Next.
- On the Basic information page, enter an Entity name, and an optional Entity description.
From the Partition list, select a partition, or create a new
The Media Gateway role is created under the selected partition.
- Click Create to add the Media Gateway role to your system, and then click Close.
Configure the Media Gateway role.