This section lists the settings found in the Video unit Properties tab, in the Video task.
In the Properties tab, you can configure the information required by the Archiver to connect to this unit and other data transmission properties. These settings vary from one manufacturer to another. Additional options might be available, depending on the unit type.
- IP address
- Set the IP address of the video unit.
- Obtain network settings dynamically (DHCP)
- Select this option to have the IP address assigned dynamically by your DHCP (Dynamic
Host Configuration Protocol) server.NOTE: Do not use this option unless your DHCP server is configured to always assign the same IP address to the same device.
- Specific settings
- Select this option to enter a fixed address. This is the IP address you entered when
you initially created the video unit entity. You need to enter the following fields:
- Local IP. Fixed IP address.
- Subnet mask. The subnet mask tells the unit which peripherals it can communicate with directly. Anything that does not belong to the same subnet must go through the Gateway.
- Gateway. IP address of the gateway. It must be on the same subnet as the unit.
- Command port
- The port used by the Archiver to connect to the video unit. The command port is sometimes called the HTTP port by some manufacturers.
- Discovery port
- The port used for automatic discovery. Not all manufacturers supports this feature.
- VSIP port
- (Only for Verint units) On Verint units, both the command port and discovery port are replaced by the VSIP port.
- Credentials used by the Archiver to connect to the video unit.
- Default login
- Select this option for the Archiver to use the credentials defined in the unit manufacturer’s extension.
- Select this option for the Archiver to use specific credentials to connect to this unit. The fields you need to fill in depend on the unit manufacturer.
- Use secure communication
- Select this option to use HTTPS communication instead of HTTP (default).
- Bit rate
- Use this option to limit the maximum bit rate allowed for this unit. Setting a limit to the bit rate helps prevent one unit from using up all the bandwidth available on the network.
- Enable UPnP
- Select this option to enable the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocol. Disable UPnP if you do not want the unit to be discovered by other Windows applications.
- Enable Bonjour
- Select this option to enable the Bonjour protocol. Disable Bonjour if you are not using zero-configuration networking.
- Enable link-local address
- Select this option to enable the use of link-local address.
- Event stream connection type
- Select the connection type (HTTP or TCP) used for sending events. The use of TCP is recommended. Select HTTP if there is a firewall between the Archiver and the unit.
- Application events
- (Axis only) List of ACAP applications installed on the unit. Select the applications you want to enable.NOTE: To enable the AXIS Video Motion Detection (VMD) application, you must select the Use camera application motion detection option from the Motion detection tab of the camera. For more information, see Configuring cameras to use the Axis VMD 3.x application.For more information about configuring cameras to use the Axis VMD application, see the Security Center Video Unit Configuration Guide.