You can select one or more cardholders and then encode, enroll, and print badges for those cardholders in Security Desk.
Set up the cardholder groups you want to use, then assign cardholders to them.
Before you begin
- From the Security Desk home page, open the Badge printing task.
- (Optional) Select badge templates from the lists in the Cardholder groups column.
Select the cardholders you want to print and encode badges for.
- From the Printer list, select your DTC printer model.
- From the Profile list, select the printer profile you added. For more information, see Adding HID Fargo printer profiles.
Turn on all or some of the following options:
- Print: Print the badge.
- Enroll: Create the credential in the Directory and associate the credential with the cardholder.
- Encode: Create a new credential and write it to the badge.
- Magnetic encode: encode the magstripe on the card.
- Select a card encoding from the list below the toggle switches.
- Enter values for the Facility code and Card number fields, or leave them blank for automatically-generated values.
From the Magnetic data list, select from the following options:
- Use existing magnetic data template to leave the template on each card in place.
- Overwrite existing magnetic data template to force the printer to use one of the templates from the Templates list.
- (Optional) Click the Magstripe button to create or edit a magstripe template.
The printer batch encodes, enrolls, and prints the badges.