When you have created a blank template, you must determine which design elements and data representations you want to add to it.
Create a badge template.
Before you begin
From the Templates list, select the blank template you want
The card template is chosen.
From the side toolbar, click and drag a tool onto the template to use it.
There are six graphical tools you can use to edit the template:
- Rectangle tool
- Use to draw a square or rectangle on the template.
- Ellipsis tool
- Use to draw a circle or oval on the template.
- Text tool
- Use to add text to the template. You can enter a static text or add dynamic cardholder and credential text fields, such as First name, Last name, and so on.
- Image tool
- Use to insert a picture on to the template. You can insert cardholder pictures, a background image for the card, and so on.
- QR code tool
- Use to insert QR codes on to the template.
- Barcode tool
- Use to insert barcodes on to the template.
If you added an image to the template, select the image to edit it using the
options in the Image and Color and
In the Image widget, choose whether the Source of the image is a cardholder picture or an image from a file, and whether the image should be stretched or not.
- Cardholder’s picture
- Dynamic cardholder picture that changes, depending on which cardholder
you are printing. This image field links to the value Cardholder
picture in the configuration database.Tip: If a cardholder’s picture was taken in front of a chroma key screen, you can make the picture background transparent. This is helpful if you are creating a badge template that has an image in the background.
- Static image selected from a file.
If you added text to the template, select the text to edit it using the options in
the Text widget.
In the Text widget, you can use the following tools:
- Click Add field () to add a dynamic cardholder or credential field. You can mix static text with the dynamic fields.
- Click Fill to set the text color.
- Click Align left, center, or right to set the text alignment.
- Click Wrap text if too long to turn on text wrapping.
- Use the Size slider to determine the font size
- Click Bold, Italic, or Underline to format the text.
- Click Auto adjust text size to fit the text inside the text box by changing the font size.
If you added a barcode to the template, click the barcode, and then edit it from
the Barcode widget. The barcode data can be static or use dynamic credential
If you added a QR code to the template, click the QR code, and then edit it from
the QR code widget. The QR code data can be static or use dynamic credential
In the Color and border widget, you can use the following
- Use to modify the fill color of an inserted object.
- Use to modify the border color of an inserted object.
- Use to modify the opacity of an inserted object.
- In the Size and position section, select where the text, image, QR code, or barcode is located on the badge, and its width and height.
In the top toolbar, you can use the following tools:
- Use to modify the size and orientation of the card.
- Magnetic card editor
- Use to create a magstripe template or edit an existing one, if you need one.
- Use to import a badge template.
- Use to export a badge template.
- Send to back
- Use to send a selected element to the bottom layer.
- Send to front
- Use to bring a selected element to the top layer.
- Rotate 90° left
- Use to rotate a selected element counterclockwise.
- Rotate 90° right
- Use to rotate a selected element clockwise.
- Use to delete a selected element.
- Show grid
- Use to show a grid on the template to help you align elements.
- Use to switch between inches and millimeters as units of measurement.
- Click Apply.
The badge template is created.