The Advanced Enrollment plugin is a software module that integrates HID Fargo printers and encoders into Security Center. The plugin enables the importation of cardholder data from third-party databases, and the creation, enrollment, encoding, and printing of badges for cardholders.
Architecture diagram for Advanced Enrollment integration
Components of Advanced Enrollment integration
- Advanced Enrollment Plugin
- The Advanced Enrollment plugin is installed on a Security Center server and runs as a plugin role.
- (Optional) web service
- The web service allows a third-party system such as a human-resources system to push cardholder information to the database. To activate the web service, contact your Genetec™ sales representative.
- Config Tool
- The Advanced Enrollment plugin is also installed on a Config Tool workstation. The Security Center administrator uses Config Tool to create and configure the plugin role. Using this role, integrators and administrators can add and manage the HID Fargo printers and import cardholder data, and then use that data to create, enroll, encode, and print badges. An optional web service allows third-party systems to push cardholder information into the database. To activate the web service, contact your Genetec™ sales representative.
- Security Desk
- The Advanced Enrollment plugin is installed on all Security Desk workstations. Security Desk operators can batch enroll, encode, and print badges.
- HID Asure ID
- This software is installed on workstations, and enables the encoding and enrollment of badges. If you are printing QR codes, bar codes or magstripes without encoding and enrolling credentials, you do not need this software.
- HID Fargo printer
- HID Fargo printers and encoders output badges.