You can configure the analytics performed by the SharpV, such as which plates the SharpV will read, and whether the SharpV should attempt to read the plate origin and vehicle make.
- Log on to the SharpV Portal.
- Click Configuration > Analytics.
- From the Context drop-down list, select which license plates the SharpV will read.
From the Reading mode drop-down list, select one of the following reading modes:
- Select this for plates to be captured continuously. This is the default setting.
- Select this to capture plate reads continuously as long as the selected input signal meets the condition defined (high/low).
- Single read on trigger
- Select this option to force the SharpV to capture a plate read after a signal is received from an electrical trigger, or after a Security Center event-to-action or hot action. This configuration is useful for controlling vehicle access to gated parking lots. You can configure the plate read capture to occur before or after the trigger is activated.
(Optional) If you selected Single read on trigger, click Add trigger and configure the following:
- Under Trigger, select when an input (A or B) triggers a plate read based on its state (Low or High). For example, you can specify that Input A triggers a plate read when it transitions to a Low state. You can also select an External input such as a Security Center event-to-action or hot action.
- Under Capture window, specify when the SharpV starts capturing (in milliseconds) and whether to do it before or after the trigger. You also need to specify the Duration (in milliseconds) that the SharpV will attempt to capture a plate read.
Under If no plates, indicate how long (in milliseconds) to wait after a trigger before capturing a context image of the vehicle. Select the Use the LPR image as context image option, when you want an image from the LPR camera to be used for the no plate read.
NOTE: Information on context images is not applicable to SharpV ITS cameras.
From the Read strategy list, select a read strategy:
- Slow moving vehicle
- Applicable when vehicles are traveling slowly when the license plates are captured. For example, select this option for monitoring parking lot entrances.
- Fast moving vehicle
- Applicable when vehicles are traveling at moderate to high speeds when the license plates are captured. For example, select this option for a SharpV overlooking a highway.
- Gate control
- Applicable when vehicles must come to a stop when the license plates are captured. For example, select this option for a SharpV that is monitoring a gated parking lot entrance or toll booth.
- Under Camera orientation, select the pictograph that describes how the road appears from the camera's perspective. This helps the system to determine the direction that vehicles are traveling.
Under Read contents, select the contents of the plate you would like the SharpV to attempt to read. You can select the following:
NOTE: You can add the state, vehicle make, and confidence score as annotation fields in Security Center to query for this information in Security Desk reports.
- Select this option if you want the SharpV unit to try to read the license
plate origin. For example, the state, province, or country.NOTE: State recognition is available for certain contexts.
- Vehicle make
- Select this option if you want the SharpV unit to attempt to read the vehicle’s make from the brand or logo. For example, Honda, Toyota, and so on.
- Confidence score
- Assigns a numerical value (from 0 to 100) to each license plate read. This value indicates how confident the SharpV is in the accuracy of the read.
- Click Save.