Before installing SharpV fixed hardware, make sure that you have the tools and parts required to successfully complete the installation.
- Depth-controlled cable jacket stripper
- Recommended for stripping the CAT5e and I/O cable jacket to avoid damaging the internal conductors.
- Wire stripper
- Required for stripping the copper wire insulation.
- RJ45 crimp tool
- Use a professional quality tool to crimp the network cable's RJ45 connector.
- 2mm hex screwdriver (included)
- Required when setting the zoom and focus of the SharpV.
- CAT5e network cable
- Required for SharpV communication and PoE+ power. For more information, see Network cable requirements for SharpV cameras.
- RJ45 connectors
One RJ45 connector is included with the IP67 connector assembly. The IP67 connector assembly supports standard shielded or unshielded RJ45 connectors.
For more information, see Connecting the network cable to the SharpV.
- I/O cable (optional)
- If you are using the SharpV inputs and outputs to control external devices, you must use an adequate cable. For more information, see SharpV input/output cable termination.
- PoE+ compliant switch, router, or injector
- Power is supplied to the SharpV through the network cable, using PoE+.
PoE+ (Power-over-Ethernet; 802.3at Type 2 (25.5
- Not all hardware that is labeled "PoE+" meets the IEEE 802.3at standard that is required for use with the SharpV.
- Ensure that the total power consumption of all hardware connected to the PoE+ source does not exceed the power budget of the PoE+ source. Each SharpV camera must be supplied with 25.5 W.
For more information, see Network cable requirements for SharpV cameras.