The Analytics page is available from the Configuration menu. Use the Analytics page to configure the analytics used for the license plates read by the SharpV.
- Select which plate origin the SharpV is reading.
- Reading mode
- Select one of the following reading modes:
- Select this for plates to be captured continuously. This is the default setting.
- When this option is selected, the SharpV captures plate reads continuously as long as the selected input signal meets the condition defined (high/low). You must select an input and specify whether the state is high or low.
- Single read on trigger
- Select this option so the SharpV captures a plate read after a signal is received from an electrical trigger, or after a Security Center event-to-action or hot action. This configuration is useful for controlling vehicle access to gated parking lots. You can configure the plate read capture to occur before or after the trigger is activated.
- Add trigger
- Select to add a trigger. You must configure the following;
- When. Select which input receives the trigger signal and indicate the state of the input (Low or High). You can also select an External input (Security Center event to-action or hot action).
- Capture Window.
- Start X ms before/after trigger. The capture can occur up to X ms before or after the trigger is activated.
- Duration X ms. The system attempts to capture a plate read for up to 30000 ms. 4000 ms is the default value.IMPORTANT: The capture window cannot end before the time the trigger is activated.
- If no plates.
- Capture image X ms after trigger. If no plate is read during the time specified in the Capture window, a no plate read is logged and the system captures a context image of the vehicle so the read can be manually edited.
- Use LPR image as context image. An image from the LPR camera is used to replace the context image for the no plate read.
- Capture image X ms after trigger. If no plate is read during the time specified in the Capture window, a "no plate" read is logged and the system captures a context image of the vehicle so the read can be manually edited.
- Use LPR image as context image. An
image from the LPR camera is used to replace the context
image for the "no plate" read.NOTE: Information on context images is not applicable to SharpV ITS cameras.
- Read strategy
- Select one of the following read strategies:
- Slow-moving vehicles
- Select this when vehicles are traveling slowly when their license plates are captured. For example, use this for parking lot gates or toll stations.
- Fast-moving vehicles
- Select this when vehicles are traveling at moderate to high speeds when their license plates are captured. For example, select this option for a Sharp overlooking a highway.
- Gate control
- Select this when vehicles are stopped when their license plates are captured. For example, use this for a Sharp that is monitoring a gated parking lot or toll booth.
- Select Optimize for fixed installation to create a smart region of interest to decrease false positives.
- Read contents
- Select what you would like the SharpV to
attempt to read:NOTE: You can add the state, vehicle make, and confidence score as annotation fields in Security Center to query for this information in Security Desk reports.
NOTE: Plate state recognition might not be available for all states.
- Select this option if you want the Sharp unit to attempt read the license plate origin (issuing state, province, or country).
- Vehicle make
- Select this option if you want the Sharp unit to attempt to read the vehicle’s make from the brand or logo (Honda, Toyota, and so on).
- Confidence score
- Assigns a numerical value (from 0 to 100) to each license plate read. This value indicates how confident the SharpV is in the accuracy of the read.