The Security page is available from the Configuration menu. Use the Security page to modify the password, to manage certificates and permissions, and to configure the unit's LED.
- Modify password
- Click Modify password to change the password for the
SharpV.NOTE: If you forget your password, you can reset it from the logon page.
HTTPS connection policy
- HTTPS status
- Displays whether an installed and activated certificate has enabled HTTPS.
Displays the signed and self-signed certificates that have been installed in your trusted root store. You can install multiple certificates and select which certificate to activate.
To activate a certificate, select the Active check box for the certificate and click Save.
To delete a certificate click X and click Save.
- + Self-signed
- Click to create a self-signed certificate. In the Create a self-signed
certificate dialog box, you must enter a two-letter
Country code, the Server name,
the IP address, and you must define the Validity
(in years). The other fields are optional.NOTE: If you use a self-signed certificate, you must also install the certificate on your client machine. For example, the machine used to log on to the SharpV Portal.
- + Signing request
- Click to create a certificate signing request. A certificate signing request must
be created for your server before you can order a signed certificate from a
trusted Certificate Authority. You must enter a two letter
Country code, the Server name, and the
IP address in the Create a certificate signing
request dialog box. The other fields are optional.IMPORTANT: If the SharpV has been added to the Security Center Archiver and is being used to monitor video, you must enter the IP address of the SharpV and not the SharpV name.NOTE: The signing request is deleted when the certificate is signed.
- Accept remote reboot requests
- Select this option so that the SharpV can be rebooted from other applications.
- Remote assistance
- Click Enable for 1 hour to grant remote access for technical support. The time and date when access expires is displayed. NOTE: After an hour, logged-in users are still authorized but new logins are denied.
- Run in covert mode
- Select this option to turn off the LED on the Sharp unit, making it less noticeable. IMPORTANT: Selecting this option does not mean that the LED will never be illuminated. For example, if there is a serious error with the SharpV, the LED will blink to indicate that there is a problem.