You can configure the SharpV to use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or a static IP address.
DHCP is used by default if no option is selected on the Network page of the SharpV Portal.
What you should know
- Log on to the SharpV Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, select the Network page.
Select one of the following:
- Use DHCP
- This is the default mode for SharpV cameras. Select DHCP if you are connecting the Sharp to a DHCP server, which assigns the required IP address. When you are on a DHCP server with DNS capability, you can connect to the SharpV using the SharpV name (for example, SharpV12345) rather than the IP address (for example, 126.96.36.199).
- Use static IP address
- Select this option to use a static address for the SharpV.NOTE: IPv6 static addresses are not supported.IMPORTANT: If you are streaming video to the Security Center Archiver role, ensure that the SharpV IP address does not change.
If you selected Use static IP address configure the
- IP adress
- Type the new IP address you want to assign to the SharpV. 10.0.0.1 is the default.
- Subnet mask
- Type the new Subnet mask if applicable. 255.255.0.0 is the default.
- Type the new Gateway if applicable. 10.0.0.0 is the default.
- Type the new DNS if applicable. 10.0.0.0 is the default.
- Click Save.