To configure SharpV cameras, you must first log on to the SharpV Portal.
Before you begin
- You need to know the IP address or name of the SharpV camera you want to connect to:
- SharpV name
- You can find the SharpV name (for example, SharpV12345) on the label on the back of the camera.
- SharpV fallback IP address
- The fallback IP address is 192.168.10.100. The fallback IP address is only available if the camera is in DHCP mode (default). After camera startup, the camera searches for a DHCP server. If no DHCP server is present on the network after two minutes, the fallback IP address is made available.
What you should know
- You can access the SharpV Portal using
the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 11 and later
- Google Chrome version 46 and later
- To ensure that camera feeds are displayed correctly, only open one instance of the SharpV Portal at a time.
- To log onto the portal, the SharpV must be provided with PoE+ power that conforms to IEEE 802.3at standards. If the camera encounters power issues, a warning is displayed and you can see details in the SharpV Portal - Logs page. For more information on specifications for the SharpV, see the AutoVu Handbook for SharpV Fixed Installations.
To log on to the SharpV Portal:
Open your Web browser, and go to https://<SharpV name or IP
- If the SharpV camera’s IP address is 192.168.10.100, enter https://192.168.10.100.
- If the SharpV camera’s name is SharpV12345, enter https://SharpV12345.
Enter the Username and Password.
Default for first logon: Username: admin, Password: Genetec
- Click Connect.
If this is the first time you are logging on to the SharpV:
Select the power line frequency and click Next.
For more information on the power line frequency used in your installation location, click here.
- 60 Hz
- Generally used in North America and South America
- 50 Hz
- Generally used in Africa, Australia, Asia, and Europe
Change the password.
Enter and confirm the new password, and click Next.NOTE:
- If you forget your password, you can reset it from the logon page.
- You cannot modify the username.
After successfully logging on, the portal for the SharpV camera opens to the Overview page of the Dashboard menu.