When connecting SharpX cameras, you need to connect the camera cable to the LPR Processing Unit. The power, data, and video wires for the camera cable are contained inside the SharpX all-in-one cable.
Before you begin
- Run the camera cable from the camera location to the LPR Processing Unit.
- Shorten the cable as required (make sure to leave some slack for maintenance purposes).
- Connect the 5-pole connector to the camera port, and then tighten the securing screws.
Strip 20 cm (8 in.) of the all-in-one cable’s jacket to expose the wires inside.
- A: All-in-one cable
- B: Camera wires
- C: CAT5e cable
- Trim the polyester fill threads and aluminum foil as needed.
- Shorten the camera cable by about 5 cm (2 in.). This is needed because the CAT5e cable will also be shortened by about 5 cm (2 in.) when you crimp the RJ45 connector.
- Strip 10 mm (3/8 in.) of insulation from the camera wires (the drain wire has no insulation).
Crimp ferrules (provided) to the camera wires.
Ensure that you use the appropriate ferrule for the wire gauge.
Twist the grey and yellow wires together until 1 cm (3/8 in.) from the connector.
Tip: For a cleaner installation, you can also twist the red, black and shield wires together.
Insert the wires into the connector poles as indicated below.
- A: Securing screws
- B: Drain wire -tinned copper (S)
- C: Red wire (+)
- D: Black wire (-)
- E: Yellow wire (P)
- F: Grey wire (N)
- G: Tension clamps
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.