Installing a mobile AutoVu system will allow you to read the license plates of passing vehicles.
Complete the pre-installation steps.
Before you begin
What you should know
WARNING: Only AutoVu-certified personnel should setup and install AutoVu systems. Read all of the procedures in this guide before installing an AutoVu fixed or mobile system. Failure to follow the supplied instructions or information may result in loss of data or damage to hardware and will void the warranty.
Remove the required headliner and panels for wiring.
To ensure all parts are replaced correctly, label (for example, "front passenger side") and safely store all panels and screws.
- Install the hardmount or the magmount for the SharpX camera.
- Drill holes for the camera cable.
- If using a hardmount, attach the SharpX to the hardmount using the Universal Mounting Bracket and pan/tilt mount.
- Mount the LPR Processing Unit.
Install camera wiring.
Run the SharpX cable to the required locations for power and data.
- Test the SharpX camera cables:
- Connect the SharpX camera for a mobile installation.
Install the PC docking station.
Refer to manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Install and configure AutoVu satellite hardware. This is required in order to provide precise odometry information for AutoVu systems that include wheel imaging cameras.
- Test the camera's live feed view to ensure that the camera is wired properly and that the hardware is functional.
- Seal the camera cable holes.
- Replace the vehicle paneling that was removed during the installation.
- Align the SharpX camera using the live feed in the Sharp Portal.
- Complete the field report with the required information from the installation.