You use the Genetec hardmount when you want to permanently install the SharpX cameras on your vehicle. The hardmount is the base for the SharpX pan/tilt mount.
Before you begin
Place one of the rubber mounting gaskets on the threaded base block and hold the
assembly underneath the mounting location.
Tip: After you align the gasket and base block, hold them in together using a piece of electrical tape.
- On the roof of the vehicle, align the second gasket on the mounting location, followed by the upper block.
- Use the hex key wrench to help align the screw holes.
- Insert the four flat-head socket-cap screws into the mounting holes and tighten them using a diagonal pattern.
- A: Hardmount top plate
- B: Rubber bumper
- C: Vehicle roof
- D: Rubber bumper
- E: Hardmount bottom plate
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.
After you finish
- If applicable, repeat this process for your other cameras.
- Attach the SharpX to the hardmount.