To ensure that your SharpX camera reads plates accurately, you must properly align it for your specific deployment type.
Do the following:
Before you begin
- Determine which alignment scenario applies to your situation.
- Make sure you have a SharpX Alignment Kit (AU-K-ALIGNKIT), with the following tools: tape measure, plumb-bob weight, chalk, and a vertically adjustable target.
- Install and secure the SharpX.
- Have a laptop available to connect to the Sharp Portal, which displays the camera video feed that you will use to validate alignment.
- Make sure the camera is installed so that the camera roll is
parallel to the ground:
A Level to ground (lens on the left). B Not level to ground (body roll). C Upside down (lens on the right).