To ensure a watertight installation, you must seal all camera cable holes drilled in the body of the vehicle. Because one of the camera cable holes will also be used for running the cable for the satellite navigation hardware, you must wait until all hardware is installed before you seal the holes.
Before you begin
- Install the cameras on the vehicle and test their operation.
- Install the satellite navigation hardware and pass the cable through the hole drilled for the camera cable.
- Clean the area around the camera cable hole using isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol.
- When the area is dry, use about a 8 cm (3 in.) section of butyl tape to wrap the cable and the area around the base of the cable gland.
- Press the butyl tape into place to ensure a tight seal.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.