When you start up the Sharp Discovery Tool, it automatically detects compatible Sharp cameras on the network's subnet.
If your cameras are not detected when you start the Sharp Discovery Tool, ensure that you have followed the installation prerequisites and refer to the troubleshooting steps.
What you should know
Start up the Sharp Discovery Tool application.
The software automatically detects compatible Sharp cameras on the network. A green checkmark is displayed, indicating that the camera is accessible.The following information is displayed for the detected cameras:
- MAC address
- IP address
You can perform the following actions for the detected cameras:
- Web portal
- This connects you to the Sharp camera's web portal. From there, you can configure the camera settings. For more information, see the Sharp Administrator Guide for the SharpOS installed on the camera.
- Copy info
- This copies the following camera information to the clipboard: Sharp name : MAC address : IP address.
- Copy MAC
- This copies the camera's MAC address to the clipboard.
- Remote Desktop
- This connects to the Sharp camera's Windows operating system.NOTE:
- Before using the Remote Desktop feature, you must enable Remote assistance in the Sharp web portal under Configuration > Security > Permissions.
- To start a Remote Desktop session, you are prompted to enter the unit access code. The code was provided on a yellow sticker with the camera. If you have lost the sticker, or if you did not receive a yellow sticker, contact the Genetec Technical Assistance Center (GTAC) at https://gtap.genetec.com.