Using the Sharp Discovery Tool, you can detect SharpV cameras as well as certain Sharp and SharpX cameras that are connected to the network.
The Sharp Discovery Tool provides you with the Sharp name, IP address, and MAC address of the camera. You can also use the tool to connect to the camera's web portal or to connect to the camera using a Remote Desktop connection.
Sharp Discovery Tool compatibility
The Sharp discovery tool can discover the following Sharp camera models:
- SharpV cameras:
- All SharpV cameras
- Sharp cameras:
- Sharp 3.0 XGA and VGA cameras
- Sharp 2.0 XGA and VGA cameras
- SharpX cameras:
- SharpX X1S LPR Processing Units
- SharpX X2S LPR Processing UnitsNOTE: For X2S LPR Processing Units, the two SBCs are displayed as separate units on two separate lines.
To be detected, the camera must be running one of the following SharpOS versions:
- SharpOS 12.1 or later
- SharpOS 11-K14-331 or later
- SharpOS 10 or later installed on image AP11 or later