With each release, new features, enhancements, or resolved issues are added to the product.
SharpOS is the software component of a SharpV unit. SharpOS is responsible for everything related to plate capture, collection, processing, and analytics. For example, a SharpOS update might include new LPR contexts, new firmware, SharpV web portal updates, and updates to the SharpV Windows services (Plate Reader, HAL, updater service, and so on).
- LPR contexts
- SharpV camera hardware
- SharpV web portal
- SharpV firmware
- Plate Reader and other related services
AutoVu™ SharpOS 12.3 GA includes the following new features:
- Virtual loop support
- For parking applications where the license plate capture rate is critical, the SharpV virtual loop feature can detect vehicles with damaged or dirty license plates that are not detected by the SharpV LPR camera. The plate numbers of these vehicles can then be manually modified in Security Desk.
- Speed estimation
- The SharpV camera can now be configured to include an estimated vehicle speed when performing license plate reads.
- Exposure setting enhancements
- You can now configure the iris exposure setting from the SharpV web portal.
- Power line frequency configuration
- You can now set the power line frequency of a SharpV to 50 Hz or 60 Hz to match the power grid of the installation location.
- Enhanced contexts
- License plate recognition has been improved for the following license plates:
- The Argentina LPR context now supports motorcycle plates.
- The Chile LPR context now supports the FE-Schrift (Fälschungserschwerende Schrift) typeface on plates.
- The Denmark LPR context has been improved for two-line plates, and now recognizes plates from Poland (PL) and Lithuania (LT).
- The Nevada LPR context has been improved to read plates with holographic lines, and resolves contrast issues for newer plates.
- This LPR context is now supported, NOTE: The TurkeyOnly context does not support the following characters: Q, W, or X.