With each release, new features, enhancements, or resolved issues are added to the product.
AutoVu™ SharpOS 12.8 GA includes the following new features:
- Simultaneously detect reflective and non-reflective license plates
- If the license plates in your region include both reflective and non-reflective plates, you can configure the SharpV exposure settings to look for both plate types. When you configure a SharpV for reflective and non-reflective plates, each frame of the LPR camera video feed alternates between the optimal exposure settings for the two plate types.
- Dual-lane license plate detection
- If a SharpV is installed above a roadway,
between two lanes, you can now configure the camera to read license plates from traffic
moving in either direction on the two lanes. If the SharpV is not installed directly between the lanes,
you can configure the camera to account for a small offset.NOTE:
- The dual-lane feature is available for all European regional contexts.
- When the SharpV is configured to monitor dual lanes, the virtual loop, speed estimation, and region of interest features are not available.
- When monitoring dual lanes, characters should be between 10 and 40 pixels high. This is smaller than the standard pixel height requirements (25 - 60 pixels). As a result, license plate capture performance might be affected. When using this feature, it is recommended that you test the system's performance.
- Using the SharpV dual-lane monitoring feature reduces the LPR performance of the camera. Do not configure the SharpV for dual-lane license plate detection if you are monitoring parking occupancy using the AutoVu™ Free-Flow feature in Security Center.
- Free-Flow read strategy
- A new read strategy is now available for systems that use the AutoVu™
Free-Flow feature. Compared to the existing
slow-moving vehicle strategy, which focuses on capturing accurate plate reads
and might result in duplicate reads, the AutoVu™
Free-Flow strategy prioritizes vehicle detection
and improves the accuracy of the parking lot occupancy calculation.NOTE: When using the Free-Flow read strategy, the system waits for the vehicle to exit the field of view before selecting the best plate read. You might notice a delay of a few seconds when monitoring live plate reads. For this reason, we do not recommend using this strategy in conjunction with physical gates.