To ensure the highest license plate read accuracy, you must let the SharpZ3 system know what type of license plates to expect in the image. If required, you can also configure the system to extract additional information from the image, such as the license plate origin and the vehicle type.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, click .
From the Context menu, select which license plates will be
most commonly read by the SharpZ3.
NOTE: For more information on the available regional contexts, see Supported ALPR contexts.Tip: To help us improve the performance of regional contexts, click Product improvement program. and register this camera to participate in the
From the Reading mode menu, select one of the following
- Select this to capture plate reads continuously. This is the default setting.
- Select this to capture plate reads continuously as long as the selected input signal meets the defined high or low condition.
- Single read on trigger
- Select this option to force the unit to capture a plate read after a signal is received from an electrical trigger, or after a Security Center event-to-action or hot action. In SharpV fixed installations, this configuration is useful for controlling vehicle access to gated parking lots. You can configure the plate read capture to occur before or after the trigger is activated.
- Using this option, you can configure the system to generate reads from a specific camera only while an input's status meets the defined high or low condition. This option is required if using the AutoVu™ car camera switch.
From the Read strategy list, select a read strategy:
- Slow moving vehicle
- Applicable for use in typical city, law enforcement, or mobile parking enforcement.
- Fast moving vehicle
- Applicable for installations where vehicles travel at moderate to high speeds. For example, use this read strategy for law enforcement installations where vehicles might be traveling at high speeds in opposite directions.
Under Analytics, select the contents of the plate you would
like the SharpZ3 to attempt to read. You can select the
NOTE: You can add the state, vehicle make, and confidence score as annotation fields in Security Center to query for this information in Security Desk reports.
NOTE: For more information , see Supported plate origin recognition.
- Select this option if you want the SharpZ3 unit to attempt read the license plate origin. Depending on the region, this can refer to the issuing state, province, or country.
- Vehicle make
- Select this option if you want the SharpZ3 unit to attempt to read the vehicle’s make from the brand or logo (Honda, Toyota, and so on).
NOTE: This setting is not recommended for MLPI installations.
- Confidence score
- The SharpZ3 assigns a confidence score percentage to each
license plate read. This value indicates how confident the SharpZ3 is in the accuracy of the read. NOTE: License plates that contain similar characters such as 8 and B are more difficult to read and generally produce reads with a lower confidence score.
- Click Save.