Depending on what type of Sharp camera installation you are configuring, license plate reads can be sent to, Genetec Patroller™, or to an FTP or HTTP server.
What you should know
- The default extension depends on the hardware you are installing. For example, if you log on to the Sharp Portal for a SharpZ3, the default extension is Patroller.
- For FTP and HTTP extensions, plate reads and images are automatically stored if the connection is lost, however, you can disable edge storage using the Retain data when the connection is lost setting in the extension configuration. To reduce cellular data usage, you can also configure whether the ALPR and context images are exported.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, click .
From the Extension type menu, select one of the
- Use this option to send ALPR data to an FTP server. You can configure the FTP XML template which can be integrated by third-party applications. For more information, see Configuring the SharpZ3 FTP extension in the SharpOS 13.0 Sharp Portal.
- Use this option to send ALPR data to an HTTP server. You can configure the system to send the data in XML or JSON format. For more information and examples of the exported XML and JSON files, see Configuring the SharpZ3 HTTP/HTTPS extension in the SharpOS 13.0 Sharp Portal.
- Sends ALPR data to Genetec Patroller™. Configure the following:
- Discovery port
- Port on which the SharpZ3 listens for discovery requests. This port number must match the discovery port entered on the Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool Cameras page.
- Click Save.