The SharpZ3 expansion modules add additional capabilities to the SharpZ3 system. You can install up to three expansion modules in the SharpZ3 base unit.
To complete these steps, you need the following:
Before you begin
- Phillips #1 screwdriver
What you should know
- The base unit has three expansion slots. Each slot is covered by an expansion slot protector until a module is installed.
- It is easier to install the expansion modules before the base unit is mounted in the patrol vehicle.
Remove the protector from an available expansion module slot:
- Remove the two Phillips screws.
Slide out the protector.
Install the expansion module:
- Slide the module into the slot.
- Firmly press the module to ensure that the connection at the back of the module is solid.
Secure the module in the slot using the two screws that you removed from the slot
Tip: While tightening the screws, gently lift up the module. This aligns the tops of the modules and provides slightly more space under the base unit.