This section lists the settings found in the ALPR settings page of the Sharp Portal Use the ALPR settings page to configure the analytics used for the license plates read by the SharpZ3.
To navigate to the ALPR settings page, click .
- Select which plate origin the SharpZ3 is reading.
- Select this option if you want the SharpZ3 unit to attempt read the license plate origin. Depending on the region, this can refer to the issuing state, province, or country.
- Vehicle make
- Select this option if you want the SharpZ3 unit to attempt to read the vehicle’s make from the brand or logo (Honda, Toyota, and so on).
NOTE: This setting is not recommended for MLPI installations.
- Confidence score
- The SharpZ3 assigns a confidence score percentage to each
license plate read. This value indicates how confident the SharpZ3 is in the accuracy of the read. NOTE: License plates that contain similar characters such as 8 and B are more difficult to read and generally produce reads with a lower confidence score.
- Reading mode
- Select one of the following reading modes:
- Select this for plates to be captured continuously. This is the default setting.
- When this option is selected, the SharpZ3 captures plate reads continuously as long as the selected input signal meets the condition defined (high/low). You must select an input and specify whether the state is high or low.
- Generates reads from a specific camera only while an input's status meets the defined high or low condition. This option is required if using the AutoVu™ car camera switch.
- Slow moving vehicle
- Applicable for use in typical city, law enforcement, or mobile parking enforcement.
- Fast moving vehicle
- Applicable for installations where vehicles travel at moderate to high speeds. For example, use this read strategy for law enforcement installations where vehicles might be traveling at high speeds in opposite directions.