This section lists the settings found in the Date and time page of the Sharp Portal. Use the Date and time page to configure how you want to configure the internal clock of the SharpZ3.
To navigate to the Date and time page, click .
The following information is displayed:
- Select one of the following settings.
- NTP server
- The camera synchronizes with an NTP server that is typically either a foreign computer or a server within your organization that synchronizes itself with an external NTP server. The latter is recommended if synchronization is crucial to your organization. Click Server and enter the URL or IPv4 address of the machine running the NTP server. Click Test connection to tests the connection between the camera and the NTP server. The camera synchronizes with the NTP server every hour.
- Active extension (Patroller)
- If you select Active extension (Patroller), the camera's date
and time are synchronized with the Genetec
server that the camera is connected to. The camera synchronizes with the server upon
connection, then again every 10 minutes. NOTE: If you have not yet configured the active extension (see Configuring where the SharpZ3 sends its ALPR data), you can select Active extension, and it will be updated when you configure the extension.NOTE: The Active extension option displays whichever extension is currently selected for the camera in Configuration > Extensions, however, selecting this option has no effect if you are using an extension type other than Patroller (not valid for FTP, HTTP, and so on).
- Date and time format
- Select the date and time format to be used in the Sharp
- Selecting the International option displays the date and time in the format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
- Selecting the Imperial option displays the date and time in the format: DD/MM/YYYY H:MM:SS AM/PM