This section lists the settings found in the Exposure page of the Sharp Portal. Use the Exposure page to adjust the exposure of the license plates in the ALPR image.
To navigate to the Exposure page, click .
The following information is displayed:
- Select your camera
- Select the camera to configure.
- Choose from the following:
- Select this option to have the SharpZ3 automatically adjust the exposure settings.
- Fixed (indoor)
- Select this option when constant lighting conditions are available. Use the sliders to adjust the Gain and Exposure time, until the overall brightness and clarity you want for the image is achieved.
- Range (outdoor)
- Select this option for variable lighting conditions outdoors. Use the sliders to adjust the Gain and Exposure time, until the overall brightness and clarity you want for the image is achieved.
- (Context camera only) Allow illuminator
- Select this to enable the IR illuminator in low light conditions. If Exposure is set to Fixed (indoor), the IR illuminator is fixed to On or Off depending on Allow illuminator check box. If Exposure is set to Range (outdoor), the illuminator is automatically turned On or Off depending on light conditions. However, the IR illuminator can be completely turned off by clearing the Allow illuminator check box.