This section lists the settings found in the Security page of the Sharp Portal. Use the Security page to change the password and to manage certificates and permissions.
To navigate to the Security page, click .
- Modify password
- Click Modify password to change the password for the SharpZ3.NOTE: If you forget your password, you can reset it from the logon page.
Displays the signed and self-signed certificates that have been installed in the trusted root store of the SharpZ3. You can install multiple certificates and select which certificate to activate.
To activate a certificate, select the Active button for the certificate and click Save and reboot.
To delete a certificate click X and click Save.
- + Self-signed
- Click to create a self-signed certificate. In the Create a self-signed
certificate dialog box, you must enter a two-letter
Country code, the Common name of the
SharpZ3, one or more IP addresses, and
you must define the Validity (in years). The other fields are optional.NOTE:
- If you use a self-signed certificate, you must also install the certificate on your client machine. For example, the machine used to log on to the Sharp Portal.
- If a certificate signature is issued by a certificate authority that is not included in the list of Windows of third-party root certificate authorities (CA), or if your organization has its own public key infrastructure (PKI) which manages signatures, you must add the CA to the platform software running on the SharpZ3 so that the host can validate the chain of trust. For more information, see KBA-78971: Adding a certificate to a pre-12.8 SharpV from an unknown certificate authority on the Genetec™ TechDoc Hub.
- + Signing request
- Click to create a certificate signing request. A certificate signing request must be
created for your server before you can order a signed certificate from a trusted
Certificate Authority. You must enter a two letter Country code,
the Common name of the SharpZ3, and the
IP address in the Create a certificate signing
request dialog box. The other fields are optional.IMPORTANT: If the SharpZ3 has been added to the Security Center Archiver and is being used to monitor video, you must enter the IP address of the SharpZ3 and not the SharpZ3 name.NOTE: The signing request is deleted when the certificate is signed.
- Accept remote reboot requests
- Select this option so that the SharpZ3 can be rebooted from Security Center.
- Remote assistance
- Click Enable for 1 hour to grant remote access for technical
support. The time and date when access expires is displayed. NOTE: After one hour, the remote assistance session ends. If the AutoVu™ Support team needs additional time to resolve the issue, you can extend the remote assistance session.
- Run in covert mode
- Select this option to turn off the LED on the Sharp camera unit, making it less noticeable. IMPORTANT: Selecting this option does not mean that the LED will never be illuminated. For example, if there is a serious error with the SharpZ3, the LED will blink to indicate that there is a problem.
- Enable Read Trigger API compatibility mode
- Select this option if using software-trigger-activated reading in Security Center releases prior to 5.8.