To ensure that your SharpZ3 cameras read license plates accurately, you must properly align them after they are mounted on the patrol vehicle.
- Determine which alignment scenario applies to your situation.
- Make sure you have a AutoVu™ Alignment Kit, with the following tools: tape measure, plumb-bob weight, chalk, and a vertically adjustable target.
- Install and secure the SharpZ3 cameras.
- Have a laptop computer available. To verify that the cameras are aligned, you must connect to the Sharp Portal, which displays the camera video feed.
- Make sure the camera is installed so that the camera roll is parallel to the ground:
A Level to ground B Not level to ground (body roll) C Upside down