Before configuring the AutoVu™ Free-Flow plugin, you must create the required permits, parking zones, and rules.
Before you begin
- Contact your AutoVu™ representative to verify that cloud services have been enabled for your account.
- Install compatible versions of Security Center and the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin.
What you should know
For each tenant in the parking lot, create the required
.csv, .txt, or
.dat files for the whitelist.
For more information, see Creating hotlists.IMPORTANT: If you use the Hotlist and permit editor to enter vehicle information, the system completes the Category field for each row. Do not modify this field as it must match the permit name.
Create the required source and destination
Center permits for each tenant
in the parking lot.
For more information on creating permits, see Creating permits.For more information on which permits you need to create, see Static and dynamic permits in the AutoVu™ Free-Flow plugin.Tip: Name the Security Center permits according to their use as source or destination permits. This can help you to avoid assigning the wrong Security Center permits when you link them in Pay-by-Plate Sync. If you assign the wrong permits, you might overwrite your source plate list.
permit to be used with Pay-by-Plate
- Pay attention to the instructions on configuring the attributes of the permit. The permits must either include four attributes (Category, PlateState, PlateNumber, and PermitID) or six attributes (Category, PlateState, PlateNumber, PermitID, EffectiveDate, and ExpiryDate)
- If you include the EffectiveDate, and ExpiryDate attributes, the fields cannot be empty.
For more information on which permits you need to link in Pay-by-Plate Sync, see Static and dynamic permits in the AutoVu™ Free-Flow plugin.For more information how to link permits in Pay-by-Plate Sync, see Configuring Pay-by-Plate Sync permit list.In this example of a grouped permit, a dynamic parking provider zone and a static permit are linked to the Combined Permit Security Center permit in Pay-by-Plate Sync:
Create a permit
restriction for the parking lot that includes the
Center permits for all of
the tenants in the parking lot.
parking lot's permit restriction.
IMPORTANT: The plugin ignores any time restrictions configured for the permit restriction. To avoid confusion, configure the time restrictions as follows:
- Applicable days: Always
- Applicable hours: All day
- Validity: All year
Create a parking
In this step, you enable Pay-by-Plate Sync and link the permit restriction.
Create a parking
In this step, you associate cameras and a parking rule with the parking zone and you set the vehicle capacity.