Using the Parking Occupancy task, you can generate a graphical report in Security Desk which shows you occupancy information for your AutoVu™ Free-Flow parking zones. This task gives you an overview of occupancy trends, shows the number of vehicles in each zone, and shows the number of violations over a configurable time range.
What you should know
- When you open the Parking Occupancy task, you might see the message This page is not secure (certificate error). This message is displayed if the certificate used by Security Center is not properly configured. If you see this message, contact a system administrator.
- The Parking Occupancy task displays information using the
- Line graph:
- The line graph is displayed at the top of the screen.
- Each parking zone that you include in the graph is displayed as a solid line and is assigned a color by the system.
- If you configure the task to show the number of parking violations for each parking zone, this information is displayed as a dotted line for each parking zone.
- Circle graph:
- A circle graph for each parking zone that you include is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Each circle graph displays the average occupancy for a parking zone for the selected time range.
- If you configure the task to show the number of parking violations for each parking zone, the average violation count is displayed below the circle graph.
- Line graph:
- In Security Desk, open the Parking Occupancy task.
From the Select Zones drop-down list, select one or more
parking zones to include in the graph.
Select a time range for the graph. You can select a preset range or click
Custom and define your own time range.
Configure what information is included in the graph and how the information is
- Use the percent button () to select whether you want the vertical axis of the line graph to display the total number of vehicles in the parking zone, or to display the occupancy of the parking zone as a percentage.
- Use the vehicle button () to show or hide the vehicle count in the line
graph.NOTE: The vehicle count for each parking zone is displayed as a solid line.
- Use the violations button () to show
or hide the violation count in the line graph.NOTE: The violation count for each parking zone is displayed as a dotted line.
Move your mouse pointer over the line graph to display occupancy details for a
specific point in time.
Click the line graph to zoom in to a shorter time range.
A second line graph is added that shows the information over a shorter time period. You can drag the highlighted box along the time line to display a specific time period in the graph.NOTE:
- The zoom feature is not available if you are displaying the graph with a one-day time range.
- When you zoom in, buttons are available for navigation along the time line, and for zooming out.