You can configure the SharpV to send ALPR data to an FTP server. ALPR data that is sent to an FTP server can then be integrated by third-party applications.
You can only configure one extension for the SharpV camera.
What you should know
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, select the page.
- From the Active extension section, select FTP from the Extension type drop-down menu.
Configure the following:
NOTE: Information on context images is not applicable to SharpV ITS cameras.
- Enter the FTP server name and location for the ALPR data. You’ll need the server name, port number (if different than the standard FTP server port 21), and the name of the folder. For example, ftp://<ServerName>:<PortNumber>/<FolderNameOnServer>/.
- Enter the username for the FTP server.
- Enter the password for the FTP server.
- Content Template
- ALPR data is sent in XML format, using the template shown. You can change certain elements if you choose.
- Export context images
- Export the context image (in JPEG format).
- Export ALPR images
- Export the plate image (in JPEG format).
- Retain data when the connection is lost
- If the check box is selected, plate read events are saved locally in the
SharpV’s database if the connection with the FTP server is lost. The SharpV can store up to 20 000 plate read events,
however, note that event size varies based on the complexity of the scene being
observed. The system tries to re-connect with the server every 30 seconds. Stored
reads are pushed to the server when the connection is re-established. If the check
box is cleared, the SharpV does not store
reads locally if the connection with the FTP server is lost. You can see how many
reads are stored on the SharpV in the
Dashboard > Overview > Storage and usage section.
NOTE: If there are any plate reads in the SharpV's database, clearing this check box and saving the configuration deletes the plate reads.
- Click Test connection to test the connection to the FTP server.
- Click Send sample to send a test plate to verify that the system can connect to the server using these settings.
- Click Save.