The Network page is available from the Configuration menu. Use the Network page to configure the SharpV to use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or a static IP address.
IPv4 network settings
NOTE: DHCP is used by default if no option is selected.
- Use DHCP
- Select this option to connect the SharpV to a DHCP server, which assigns the required IP address. On a network with DHCP and DNS servers, you can connect to the SharpV using the SharpV name (for example, SharpV1234) rather than the IP address (for example, 192.168.10.100).
- Use static IP address
- Select this option to use a static address for the SharpV. IMPORTANT: You must use a static IP address if you want to stream video to the Security Center Archiver role.You can modify the following:
- IP address
- Type the new IP address you want to assign to the SharpV. The default is 10.0.0.1.
- Subnet mask
- Type the new Subnet mask if applicable. The default is 255.255.0.0.
- Type the new Gateway if applicable. The default is 10.0.0.0.
- Type the new DNS if applicable. The default is 10.0.0.0.