This section lists the settings found in the ALPR settings page of the Sharp Portal Use the ALPR settings page to configure the analytics used for the license plates read by the SharpV.
To navigate to the ALPR settings page, click .
The following information is displayed:
- Select which plate origin the SharpV is reading.
- Select this option if you want the SharpV unit to attempt read the license plate origin. Depending on the region, this can refer to the issuing state, province, or country.
- Vehicle make
- Select this option if you want the SharpV unit to attempt to read the vehicle’s make from the brand or logo (Honda, Toyota, and so on).
NOTE: This setting is not recommended for MLPI installations.
- Confidence score
- The SharpV assigns a confidence score percentage to each
license plate read. This value indicates how confident the SharpV is in the accuracy of the read. NOTE: License plates that contain similar characters such as 8 and B are more difficult to read and generally produce reads with a lower confidence score.
- Vehicle type and color
- Select this option if you want to include the vehicle type and vehicle color with plate reads. Based on the context image, the Sharp unit can detect if the vehicle is a bus, passenger vehicle, motorcycle, pickup, truck, work van, or an unknown vehicle type. In addition, the Sharp unit can detect if the vehicle is black, white, blue, brown, green, gray, orange, red, or yellow. Colors excluding white and black are also assigned light, neutral, or dark according to the color analysis.
- Reading mode
- Select one of the following reading modes:
- Select this for plates to be captured continuously. This is the default setting.
- When this option is selected, the SharpV captures plate reads continuously as long as the selected input signal meets the condition defined (high/low). You must select an input and specify whether the state is high or low.
- Continuous with virtual loop:
- This option is automatically selected when you enable the virtual loop feature. With this option, a parking lot gate can still be activated for vehicles with damaged or dirty license plates which cannot be detected by the SharpV ALPR camera.
- Single read on trigger
- Select this option so the SharpV captures a plate read after a signal is received from an electrical trigger, or after a Security Center event-to-action or hot action. This configuration is useful for controlling vehicle access to gated parking lots. You can configure the plate read capture to occur before or after the trigger is activated.
- Add trigger
- Select to add a trigger. You must configure the following;
- When. Select which input receives the trigger signal and indicate the state of the input (Low or High). You can also select an External input (Security Center event to-action or hot action).
- Capture Window.
- Start X ms before/after trigger. The capture can occur up to X ms before or after the trigger is activated.
- Duration X ms. The system attempts to capture a
plate read for up to 30000 ms. 4000 ms is the default value.IMPORTANT: The capture window cannot end before the time the trigger is activated.
- If no plates.
- Capture image X ms after trigger. If no plate is read during the time specified in the Capture window, a "no plate" read is logged and the system captures a context image of the vehicle so the read can be manually edited.
- Use ALPR image as context image. An image from
the ALPR camera is used to replace the context image for the "no plate"
read.NOTE: Information on context images is not applicable to SharpV ITS cameras.
- Slow moving vehicle
- Select this when vehicles are traveling slowly when their license plates are read. For example, select this option to monitor parking lot entrances where you require fast plate read results. Note that you might notice duplicate plate reads with this strategy.
- Fast moving vehicle
- Select this when vehicles are traveling at moderate to high speeds when the license plates are read. For example, select this option for a SharpV overlooking a highway.