You can configure the SharpV camera to synchronize time and date settings with the computer you are using to access the Sharp Portal. Alternatively, you can synchronize the date and time with an NTP server or with the Security Center server.
What you should know
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, select the section.
Select one of the following options:
- No synchronization
- The camera does not synchronize with any server (not recommended).
If you select Synchronize with client browser now, the camera performs a one-time synchronization with the date and time of the client browser.IMPORTANT: Do not synchronize the SharpV clock with the client browser unless you are connecting to the Sharp Portal from the server (computer hosting the ALPR Manager role). If you synchronize clocks with a computer other than the server, the camera's reads and hits might not have accurate timestamps.
- NTP server
- The camera synchronizes with an NTP server. Typically, the NTP server is either a foreign computer or a server within your organization that synchronizes itself with an external NTP server. The latter is recommended if synchronization is crucial to your organization. Click Server and enter the URL of the machine running the NTP server. Clicking Test connection tests the connection between the camera and the NTP server. The camera synchronizes with the NTP server every hour.
- Active extension (default)
- If you select Active extension (Security
camera's date and time are synchronized with the Security Center server that
the camera is connected to. The camera synchronizes with the
Center server upon connection, then again every 12 hours.
NOTE: If you have not yet configured the active extension (see Configuring where the SharpV sends its ALPR data), you can select Active extension, and it will be updated when you configure the extension.NOTE: The Active extension option displays whichever extension is currently selected for the camera in Configuration > Extensions, however, selecting this option has no effect if you are using an extension type other than Security Center (not valid for FTP, HTTP, and so on).
- LPM protocol
- When you add a SharpV camera to the ALPR
Manager using the LPM Protocol, the camera's date and time are
automatically synchronized with the LPM Protocol.NOTE: By default, LPM protocol is not an available setting. When a SharpV (SharpOS 12.7 and later) is manually added to the ALPR Manager (Security Center 5.8 and later), the LPM protocol is automatically selected as the unit’s extension type and for date and time synchronization.
- Click Save.