The AutoVu™ wheel-imaging camera enhances mobile automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) systems by attaching a photo of the vehicle's wheel to each license plate read and hit. When comparing wheel images from the patrol vehicle's first pass and second pass, you can use the wheel's valve stem (or other reference point) to see whether the wheel has moved even a short distance.
Combined with the AutoVu™ digital tire chalking feature, the wheel-imaging camera provides an additional layer of violation validation, reducing ticket challenges and enhancing time-limited parking enforcement efficiency.
To accurately record wheel images, the SharpZ3 system must include the Navigation expansion module. This allows the system to interface into the vehicles odometry signal to know how far the patrol vehicle has traveled.
- Max. 2 MP (1920x1080) @ 30fps resolution
- Built-in 4 mm megapixel fixed lens
- Built-in IR illumination
- IP66/IP67/IK10 rated protection
Required tools and partsThe following tools and parts are required for wheel-imaging camera installation:
- T10 Torx key wrench (included)
- 7 mm wrench or socket wrench
- 3 mm Hex key wrench
- Center punch
- 4.8 mm (3/16 in.) drill bit
- 22.2 mm (7/8 in.) hole saw or stepping drill bit
- Tie wraps for securing cable
- Additional grommets