To protect the SharpZ3 cable connections from damage, cable racks are included with the base unit.
Note the following when installing the base unit in the patrol vehicle:
- If you remove the cable racks during the base unit installation, you must reattach them before you finish the installation.
- Cable racks are included for the front and back of the base unit.
- The cable racks are not symmetrical. In tight installation locations, you can flip
the cable racks to provide a better fit.
- To protect cables from impact and abrasion, do not attach cables to the edge of the
cable rack. Instead, loop cable ties through the inside of the cable rack.
- For a cleaner installation, secure camera cables to the top of the cable rack and
secure expansion module cables to the bottom of the cable rack.