Before you replace the body liners and other paneling in the vehicle, ensure that the installation does not affect the vehicle's operation or mandated safety functions or circuits.
- Test the system to ensure that the hardware is functional and the wiring is correct and solid.
- Test network communication.
Test the following vehicle functions:
- GPS signal
- Reverse signal
When the AutoVu™ installation is finished, include the following information in the field report that is submitted to Genetec Inc.:
After you finish
- Power connection locations
- Signal connection locations, for example, ignition, odometer, and GPS.
- Diagram the how the wires are routed in the vehicle
- IP addresses of all installed equipment
- Serial number and part numbers of all installed equipment
- Point of contact information for the customer:
- Phone number and/or email
- A read report to evaluate the performance.