To connect the camera cable to the camera, you must first install the SharpZ3 camera and terminate the camera cable.
What you should know
- The camera cable uses an M12 X-coded connector.
- No tools are required when connecting the camera cable.
- Remove the plastic protector cap from the camera.
Apply a small amount of dielectric compound (included) on the cable connector
IMPORTANT: Do not let the dielectric compound come in contact with the inside of the cable connector.
- Align the notch on the cable connector with the notch on the camera port.
Connect the cable to the camera and tighten the connection is snug, then tighten an
additional ¼ turn by hand.
As you turn the connector ring clockwise, jiggle the connector up and down to make sure that the cable connection is tight enough.WARNING:
- Do not overtighten the connector.
- Only tighten the front of the connector. Tightening the back of the connector will break the camera.