If the patrol vehicle includes one of the supported lightbars, you can install SharpZ3 cameras using the lightbar mounting bracket.
What you should know
- The SharpZ3 lightbar mounting bracket is compatible with several lightbars from Whelen®, Code3, and SoundOff Signal®. To verify that your lightbar is compatible, contact your AutoVu™ Sales representative.
- When installing the spacer plate, the orientation of the plate depends on which side of the vehicle you are installing the cameras on.
- You can attach the pan bracket to either the left or right side of the tilt bracket. You can change the mounting position for a better fit at the end of the installation.
To complete these steps, you need the following:
- Socket wrench
- Phillips screwdriver
NOTE: The instructions and graphics in this section are for example only. Additional steps might be required depending on the type of lightbar installed on the vehicle.
After you finish
- Align the cameras so that license plates of passing vehicles are within the camera's field of view.
- Tighten the remaining fasteners on the lightbar mounting bracket.