To benefit from the most recent security improvements, it is recommended to upgrade the unit's SharpOS and platform software from the Sharp Portal.
Before you begin
What you should know
- You can update the Sharp unit's platform
package or SharpOS package.
- Platform package
- Updates Windows 10 with the latest security patches.
- SharpOS package
- Updates the SharpOS
installed on the Sharp.IMPORTANT: When the SharpOS is updated, any plate reads that are stored locally on the Sharp unit are deleted.
IMPORTANT: If you need to update both the SharpOS software and the platform software, update the SharpOS first.
- On a SharpZ3 unit that includes a four-camera ALPR module, each set of two cameras is configured in a separate Sharp Portal which is available from a link on the Maintenance page. It is recommended that you update both portals with the same platform and SharpOS packages.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
To verify that the firmware needs to be updated, click Firmware shows the message Out of
date, continue with the update steps.
- Download the update package from GTAP. Save the .gpack file on the local machine you are using to log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, select Maintenance.
- In the Packages section, click the Update button for the platform or SharpOS.
In the Update package dialog box, choose when to run the
- Click Now to run the update immediately.
- Click Specific date to schedule the update for off-peak hours.
- Click Add a package, find the update .gpack file, and then click Open.
Acknowledge the warnings and click Update or click
Schedule if you set a specific date for the update.
The files are transferred to the Sharp unit and the update process begins.NOTE: At certain points in the update process, the progress bar might not move for several minutes. It can take up to 30 minutes to complete the update.
- Whether you configure the update for Now or for a Specific date, the package is transferred to the Sharp unit immediately. Do not close or navigate away from the browser page until the transfer is complete.
If the update is successful, the new platform version is displayed and the History displays that the update Succeeded.