You can view the actions that caused events on CCure doors, inputs, and outputs. You can also cancel an action or trigger a new action.
What you should know
- You can see the causes applied to CCure entities, such as active alarms, armed alarms, locked doors, armed inputs, and active outputs.
- When multiple actions are made on an entity, each action is listed in the entity's Causes dialog box.
- Causes are applied by order of date and priority. So, the active cause is the one that is oldest and has the highest priority.
From any entity pane in Security
Desk or Config
Tool, right-click the CCure
entity, and select Show causes.
The following example shows the Causes list for a Device Error Journal Trigger Event. The action with the highest priority is active.
- To cancel a cause: From the Causes dialog box, in the Active causes section, right-click a cause and select Cancel.
To trigger an action from a Causes list: from the
Causes dialog box, click an action button.
For example, in the Armed causes dialog box, click Arm.Your action is added to the causes list.
- To monitor all active causes in the CCure system, open the Active manual actions task.