Cannot install Genetec Mission Control™ on Streamvault™ appliances
If you have issues installing Genetec Mission Control™ on a Streamvault™ appliance, it might be due to the CylancePROTECT policies on the appliance.
- You receive an Access denied or fatal error.
- CylancePROTECT quarantines one or more of the following files:
Streamvault™ appliances include the latest CylancePROTECT policies (including the whitelist) during manufacturing. If the policies change later, the updates are automatically applied on all Streamvault™ appliances that are connected to the internet.
If CylancePROTECT is in offline mode or not connected to the internet, the policies are not updated.
- Connect the Streamvault™ appliance to the internet in a DMZ so the CylancePROTECT policies get updated, and then run the Genetec Mission Control™ installer.
- If the errors are due to OpenSSL issues and you cannot connect to the internet:
- Install OpenSSL on another machine. Tip: Default path for file installation is C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin
- Copy the OpenSSL folder to the Streamvault™ server, and
then run the Genetec Mission
installer.NOTE: You might still get an error. This will not stop installation.
- Install OpenSSL on another machine.