When importing entities that have a duplicate in another data source or in Security Center, you can configure the Card Synchronization plugin to merge the duplicate entities into a single entity. To merge duplicates, you need to identify a unique field as a global key.
What you should know
- You can choose from the global key fields already listed in the configuration
window, such as unique ID, email, full name, or you can add a new global key
field by creating custom fields in Security Center.NOTE: All custom fields are listed as global key fields in the configuration window.
- The values from the external source always take precedence over existing values in Security Center unless the value is NULL.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the Card Synchronization plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Synchronization section, turn off Automatic synchronization.
- In the Data sources section, select a data source and click Edit data source ().
On the What to sync page, do the following:
Choose the types of entities to import:
- Imports the cardholders from the external data source into Security Center.
- Cardholder groups
- Imports the cardholder groups from the external data source into Security Center. Important: This does not put cardholders into their respective cardholder groups.
- Cardholder group memberships
- Synchronizes the relationship of cardholders and cardholder groups from the external data source. Important: This option assigns imported cardholders to cardholder groups. If this option is not selected, imported cardholders are not linked to cardholder groups.
- Imports the credentials from the data source into Security Center.
Select Resolve data source relationships using global
keys, and then click Next.
- Choose the types of entities to import:
In the Is global key column, select the fields that
contain unique data for each entity.
Fields identified as a global key are used to merge imported entities with existing Security Center entities. For example: if every cardholder in your database has a unique employee ID, then map the employee ID to the Unique ID and make it a global key.
- Click Next, and repeat steps 6 for the other entity types.
- Click Finish.
- On the Properties page, under Synchronization, turn on Automatic synchronization.
- Click Apply.
- If a synchronization does not automatically occur, click Synchronize now.